High School Youth Ministry
Staff Contact: Ana Maria Alvarado, Pastoral Associate
Who am I? Who is God? What do I believe? Where do I belong? Find your answers together with other teens and our adult leaders! Our high school youth ministry program is open to all 9-12th-grade parish youth and their friends. We focus on providing a community of faith-filled teens and adults who grow together, pray together, serve together, and laugh together. Have a look below for ongoing events, upcoming events, and resources.
- Meeting on Wednesdays, the first week of the month starting 2 October 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- For information about our high school Confirmation program CLICK HERE
- Registration for our annual work camp to Encounter is now open. Join us and 300 other high school students from across the US 12 July 2020 – 17 July 2020 as we help those less fortunate in the Washington DC area. We are house at the university of Maryland. Our days are spent doing service while our evenings are spent in fellowship and listening to dynamic speakers about being disciples of Christ. For more information contact Ana Maria Alvarado at Ana. Alvarado@saintdrexel.org. To begin the registration process go to https://www.signupgenius.com/index.cfm?go=w.manageSignUp#/23595608
- All High Schoolers are invited to participate as teen sitters at our Monthly Saturday Babysitting service. Worthy of the Call training must be completed before volunteering. Click here for the flyer and permission form. Please click here go to SignUpGenius and sign yourself up.
- Games Night at Citizen’s Nursing Home on the 3rd Thursday of the month from 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM. You can sign up by emailing Ana Maria Alvarado, or you can go to SignUpGenius and sign yourself up. Click here for the permission form.
- L’Arche Service Project, an outreach to the developmentally disabled, one Friday per month at SKD, 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM, Click here for the permission form.
- Monthly service at the Frederick Community Action Agency soup kitchen serving dinner from 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM on the 1st & 2nd Fridays of each month. You can sign up by emailing Ana Maria Alvarado, or you can go to SignUpGenius and sign yourself up. Click here for the permission form