God has bestowed upon his people the gift of song. God dwells within each human person, in the place where music takes its source.
Indeed, God, the giver of song, is present whenever his people sing his praises.
– Sing to the Lord: Music in Divine Worship
Staff Contact: Daniel Owens, Music Director
Welcome to our Music Ministry page! Our music program is comprised of many dedicated volunteers and is always welcoming of new members. We consider music to be a form of prayer, and it is our mission to stir the hearts and minds of the faithful into a more profound union with our Lord by means of this sacred art. We invite you to explore the opportunities below for participation in the music ministry of our parish.
- Adult Choir – Rehearses every Tuesday from 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM. The choir typically sings for one Mass a week from September to Pentecost. Members are also expected to sing for the 6:00 PM Christmas eve Mass and on Easter Sunday morning.
- African Faith Community Choir – This group sings for one Mass every month. For a rehearsal and Mass schedule, contact Augusta Ndifor.
- Cantors – Rehearse as needed, either at home or with their accompanist. Cantors are scheduled for Masses as needed or as requested. Due to the level of musicianship required for this ministry, an audition with the music director is required to join.
- Children’s Choir – Rehearses Sunday mornings, typically from 10:20 AM – 10:40 AM, and sings for one 11:00 AM Mass a month. Members are also expected to sing for the 4:00 PM Christmas Eve Mass, and the 12:00 PM Easter Sunday Mass. Membership is open to children in grades 2-7.
- Instrumentalists – Experienced instrumentalists are always welcome to enhance our liturgies with their talents. Mass scheduling will vary depending on each individual’s availability.
- Youth Band – Rehearses Wednesdays from 6:00 PM – 6:55 PM, and typically provides music for two Masses a month. Open to singers and experienced instrumentalists in grades 7-12. Due to the level of musicianship required for this ministry, prospective instrumentalists should arrange for an audition with the music director.
To view the Adult Choir, Children’s Choir, and Youth Band schedules, click below: